Orange fruits are the bomb, they provide the right burst of sweetness and Vitamin C. Who do you know hates oranges? In addition to being the perfect healthy snack and appetite booster, oranges are great in cocktails. This citrus fruit pairs well with vodka, gin or any liquor you have at hand to create classic and modern cocktails. These easy Orange cocktails maximize all the flavours of this citrus fruit and the result is phenomenal.
For the best results when making orange cocktails, always use freshly squeezed orange juice. It is important to invest in quality manual and/or electric juicers. These essential bar tool would help in making the best fruity cocktails ever.
Top 3 Orange Cocktails
1. Orange blossom cocktail
This cocktail is the perfect blend of gin, orange juice and orange liqueur. It is slightly sweet and the colour from the grenadine makes it look oh so yum!
- 1-2 large oranges, juiced
- 59ml gin
- 15ml orange liqueur
- 7ml grenadine
- 7ml lime juice
- Orange wheel for garnish
- Build all the ingredients in a highball or martini glass half-filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange wheel and serve.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add all the ingredients.
- Shake until the body of the shaker is misty for about 48 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a highball glass, garnish with an orange wheel and serve.
· Orange Crush
This cocktail’s name is fitting because, after one sip, you would keep going back for more. It is a sumptuous combination of orange juice, vodka and orange liqueur. Make sure to use plain vodka as using orange flavoured vodka would make it take too citrusy.
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 4 tbsp vodka
- 30ml grand mariner (orange liqueur)
- ½ cup sprite or 7UP
- Orange wedge and a sprig of mint for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with crushed ice.
- Pour the vodka, orange liqueur, and orange juice into the glass then stir.
- Top with sprite or 7UP, garnish with orange wedge and mint sprig. Enjoy!
3. Tequila Sunrise
This cocktail looks harder than it is to make. The beautiful ombre cocktail effect would leave your guests in awe of your mixing skills. And its taste would have them asking for more.
- 4 tbsp tequila
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ tbsp grenadine
- Orange slice and cocktail cherry for garnish
- Into a highball glass filled with ice, pour the tequila and orange juice, stir to combine,
- Pour the grenadine into the centre of the drink. It would sink to the bottom of the glass, stir lightly to create the sunrise gradient.
- Finally, garnish with a cherry and orange slice, serve immediately.
Which of these delicious easy orange cocktails would you try making? For more ways to incorporate fresh fruits into your drinks, check out our watermelon cocktails or these delicious passion fruit cocktails.